>> I have been working with 0.84 pre 2 for well over a year now, and I have not
>> found a problem with external commands not being executed.
>
>I have encountered it once or twice but it is more or less as
>difficult to get as the context out of memory error (also in previous
>versions).  Perhaps they are both caused by a memory leak somewhere?

What I have found was very reproducable was the fact that if you have for
example a directory called edit, and you do "edit file.txt" where you have the
directory edit it will say:

"Bad command or filename - "edit""

This might or might not be what people reported.

"edit.exe file.txt" does work then however.

Context out of memory is actually quite common.

Imre