Op 1-8-2011 15:29, c...@bttr-software.de schreef:
> Just for the record, I think the problem is that DEVLOAD only looks for
> block devices and will overwrite existing CDS entries if there is no
> associated block device. Which is the wrong thing to do.

I hope there's a remedy to this, if this is the case.
Your suggestion of the problem possibly/likely being DEVLOAD (instead of
TDSK) is a good one though. I'd have to find other .SYS block device
drivers to see how they behave under DEVLOAD, and other device driver
loaders like Creative's CTLOAD and whichever program it was that QEMM had.

Finding such drivers to test with isn't easy though, maybe SRDISK (GPL
ramdisk) or MS RAMDRIVE.SYS will do the trick. Trying with USB drivers
is a bit overkill though :)

My workaround (abusing SHSUFDRV) will do fine, though a proper final fix
would be better, be it DEVLOAD or TDSK requiring it.