Hi,

Le 23/08/2011 13:32, iw2evk a écrit :

> Hi,
> a greath problem with freedos it's the lack of drivers for new hardware .
>
> I.e.
>
> For wifi only 11Mb pcmcia exist.
> No drivers for wifi  usb key or umts wifi key.
>
> Anothers lack it's a free Usb cd rom drivers.
>
> Others item are : scanners, bluetoot , connecting new usb device etc.
>
> For linux,  users write some drivers  or using win drivers with WRAPPERS.
>
> It's possible make a stubbing for use WIN drivers under freedos (maybe with
> HX EXTENDER?)

The problem with windows driver is you don't have the source to fix
issues...

I'd suggest FreeDOS to join the Rosetta OS initiative that was started
some years ago at a GSoC mentor summit:

http://code.google.com/p/rosetta-os/

The idea is to talk about ways to share drivers between all the
alternative OSes around.

It wasn't much active this year but hopefully it will start going again.

François.