Nobody says you gotta run a 32-bit version of dos on a system that isn't
32-bit.  What's wrong with just leaving the version that's already running
there, and just use the 32-bit version on 386+ machines.  Nobody said the
current version would disappear just because a 32-bit version shows up.
Still a nonissue as far as I'm concerned.