Just to get this one out of the way:

On Mon, Sep 7, 2015 at 12:36 PM, Jerome E. Shidel Jr. <jer...@shidel.net> wrote:
> Maybe, I should just write it.

Short answer: Yes, please do!

Long answer: My intention *had* been to write a new install process.
But as you probably also saw on my blog, I'm waaaaaaaay swamped right
now. I'm back in FreeDOS for now .. but I don't have the spare time to
write the install process. More than happy for someone else to write
it. Expect me to be very visible and vocal on "getting it right." I
have some strong beliefs that things need to be simple, simple,
simple.

Jim