> On Sep 10, 2015, at 8:33 PM, Jim Hall <jh...@freedos.org> wrote:
>
> Just to get this one out of the way:

>>> On Sep 7, 2015, at 1:33 PM, Jerome E. Shidel Jr. <jer...@shidel.net> wrote:
>>>
>>> I just checked Jim’s FreeDOS blog posts. They currently only go back a
>>> little over 2 years. But, other than Jim’s desires for the batch based
>>> installer and information about my V8PT utilities, I don’t see that anyone
>>> was creating an installer.
>
>> On Mon, Sep 7, 2015 at 12:36 PM, Jerome E. Shidel Jr. <jer...@shidel.net>
>> wrote:
>> Maybe, I should just write it.
>

> Short answer: Yes, please do!
>
> Long answer: My intention *had* been to write a new install process.
> But as you probably also saw on my blog, I'm waaaaaaaay swamped right
> now. I'm back in FreeDOS for now .. but I don't have the spare time to
> write the install process. More than happy for someone else to write
> it. Expect me to be very visible and vocal on "getting it right." I
> have some strong beliefs that things need to be simple, simple,
> simple.
>

> Jim

I have the FDI 1.2 prototype installer about 30% done already.

It boots up and calls setup.bat /CheckStatus

Some code needs to be inserted that switch, when it is used to just quit the
when  freedos 1.2 has already been installed. This makes it a handy recovery
boot disk.
If the user runs setup manually, the installer will not check first and go
through its normal install process.

Welcome to installer. Continue or quit?

(Automated test if drive is partitioned, if not ask if user wants to? Partition
or quit. If partition was run, asks reboot or quit)

(Automated test if C is usable, format or quit. If formatted, test again)

Next up:

Locate packages to install. No sense going any farther if they can't be found.

To display Eula. Accept or quit? (Reminds me to finish vview utility in V8PT)

Give install options:
1 basic
2 full (default?)
3 basic + sources