Hi Jayden,

(please use SPACES after punctuation - I added them below already...)
> Question about the way our new kernel will handle floppy disks. I recently

Probably not a kernel issue and also, which "new kernel" do you mean?

> got my hands on a lot of unopened micro floppy disks, with a 1 MB storage

That is an unusual size for a floppy, I would say. How many inch?

> capacity. When I ran FORMAT on one in FreeDOS, it threw an error. It couldn't
> be formatted with FAT, due to a "Bad track" and some other things. I am aware

Are you sure that your BIOS supports that size of floppy?

> that MICRODISKS are older than FLOPPYDISKS (Althought the difference
> visually is almost none). Is there a way to use microdisks on

So basically they might have been too old to be still working ;-)

> FreeDOS/Windows? They are listed with a RAW filesystem on both Windows
> and FreeDOS. Does our kernel support these types of disks?

The kernel does not really care, you have to ask your BIOS
(modern BIOS may support only 1.44 MB) and the FORMAT tool.

Maybe you can find an old DOS FORMAT tool which still knows
what "micro" floppy disk are? Which capacity should those
have? How many tracks? How many sectors per track? One side
or both sides? How many bytes per sectro? What other specs?

Cheers, Eric

PS: I think it is good to have multiple memory managers as
AVAILABLE drivers in FreeDOS 1.2, but I would install only
one (set) of them active in config sys. For example HIMEMX
with some boot option to also load JEMM386.