> On Dec 21, 2015, at 9:06 AM, Jerome E. Shidel Jr. <jer...@shidel.net> wrote:
>
> At present, based on a user Facebook poll. This is the state of
> current Language Translations for FDI. I don’t know if all of these
> are possible using the Standard DOS Latin Codepage.
>
> I don’t know if it is would be possible to have FDI keep changing the
> Codepage and Character set. But, I don’t think Jim would want the
> added complexity. So, I will not be adding it even if it is possible.
>
> English - Me, Done.
> Spanish - Me and Google, Done.
> French - Paul Dufresne, Mostly Done.

Done. (I had google help me finish the strings that I forgot to include).

> Dutch - Marteen, Unknown/Pending.

Dutch - Maarten Vermeulen, Pending (Sorry for misspelling your name).

Esperanto - Rugxulo, Done.

> German - Nobody.

I really think it needs German. Need a Volunteer still. :-)

> Japanese - Nobody.
> Russian - Nobody.
> Chinese - Nobody.

I thought there was a standard and completely acceptable practice
for representing these languages using the standard Western DOS
Latin based font that was put into place at the dawn of the PC age.

Basically stuff like this: (per Google Translate: "Welcome to FreeDOS”)

Japanese - FreeDOS no e yōkoso.
Russian -  Dobro pozhalovat' na FreeDOS.
Chinese - Huānyíng FreeDOS de.

> Welsh - Nobody.
> Patagonian - Nobody.

Patagonian - No Such Language. Patagonia speaks Spanish and Welsh.