Hi,

On Sat, Feb 3, 2018 at 4:44 AM, Bart Oldeman <bartolde...@gmail.com> wrote:

> as some of you know I spent some time fixing various bugs in FreeCOM.
>
> So for testing I uploaded a new prerelease on github:
> https://github.com/bartoldeman/freecom/releases/tag/com084pre3
>
> There are three non-UPXed xms-swap command.com's in the binary zip,
> one compiled with Turbo C++ 1.01 (as the older version were), one
> cross-compiled with OW 1.9 and one cross-compiled with ia16-elf-gcc.
> Please test and let me know how stable they are in your testing.

Unfortunately, under QEMU, it seems none of these work correctly (in
my latest MetaDOS image).
Maybe it's some side effect of something else or some quirk in my
secondary configs somewhere.

GCC build bombs out with "Invalid Opcode".
OpenWatcom gives some "Out of memory" errors and hangs before I can
even do anything else.
TurboC++ similarly hangs at end of bootup.

I'm willing to try again eventually (of course), but this kind of
thing is not exactly obvious on what's going wrong.