Hi,

On Fri, Feb 22, 2019 at 7:03 AM Tom Ehlert <t...@drivesnapshot.de> wrote:

> > so in the end the issue is a stack overflow:
>
> after 5 months since this (16 year old) bug was found, there is still
> no official command.com for everybody else to test.
>
> there are also 3 located, and easy fixable bugs in the kernel.

I'm still mostly preferring 2041 because of one regression.

> should this not be fixed *before* the next freedos is released, with
> known to be buggy software included?

1.3-RC1 is not even a month old. I'm almost surprised Jerome hasn't
whipped out a new RC yet. Jim is extra busy. Even I'm very heavily
distracted (not that I count for much, I admit). Bart is also always
busy (I presume), so I don't blame him for taking his time.

I had to replace the (old, failing) HDD in this main desktop, but
everything's fine again (had Win7 reinstalled). I've downloaded but
not tested 1.3-RC1 yet. I also did some minor fixes to my
(unpublished, prerelease 0.7) MetaDOS. (If anybody cares, I could just
upload it, but it's still not perfect, obviously. FYI, "Newwget" isn't
publicly available anymore, so I'm partially preferring Curl. I
haven't rebuilt those, ugh, annoying.)

> correct licenses may matter for some, but most care more for correct
> working software; in particular if the buggy software (kernel and
> command)  is the very heart of freedos.

What licenses? You mean free/libre build tools or other things??
Nothing is perfect, so if we wait for it to become perfect, we'll be
waiting forever. We just have to do our best, "good enough" (for now),
and worry about the minor details later. (Anybody who complains can
feel free to directly contribute, patches welcome, etc. We can't do
literally everything.)