Hi Developers,

I noticed that when I tab complete in the default shell, (freecom, I
think) that it beeps, and is stuck beeping for a long time. I have not
been able to see how long till it stops, but if it stops at all, it is
much longer than it should be. The only way I have found to stop it is
to turn the computer off.

I am not the greatest programmer ever, but I am comfortable looking at
source code. I checked a couple files from freecom source. beep_l.c
and beep_n.c
The implementation looked reasonable, assuming that the argument to
delay is in milliseconds.
I also am assuming that the instructions are executed in series.

I am sending this to the developer mailing list, because I think it is a bug.
I also plan on mailing the user mailing list to discuss configuration options.

I can check the other files included to see about sound and nosound.
Though I am not an expert, and would be surprised if I was able to
find issues.

I am running FD12 on an HP Pavilion that is about three years old.
I used the USB install image from your official website, and there
were no errors while installing.

I think this is a problem with the shells implementation. 4dos beeps
for a tolerable period of time.

TL;DR: The beep in the default shell hangs longer than it should.

--
Johnpaul T. Humphrey