Sorry for the late reply!

The regular bell character starts to beep, stops beeping after a short
time, and then lets me continue.
The freecom beep starts to beep, beeps forever (I presume, I haven't
tested it that long) and doesn't let me do anything else.
I was able to fix my copy via the hex editor. Maybe I will try to
compile from source, so I can update beep().
I am a little afraid of "fixing" it in the source code, because I am
not sure y'all would like my "fix".

On Wed, May 13, 2020 at 9:16 AM tom ehlert <t...@drivesnapshot.de> wrote:

> > Thanks, I will try the patch out when I get a little time.
> patches are not too helpful in an open source OS.
>

> > The regular bell character doesn't hang, so I wonder why freecom
> > implements its own version.
>
> you aren't entirely clear in your bug description:
>
> does it start to beep, and then beeps and hangs indefinitively
>

> OR it starts to beep, and then beeps forever, but continues to work?
>

> Tom

Johnpaul T. Humphrey