> On Oct 27, 2020, at 6:38 PM, zz zz <flame...@gmx.com> wrote:
> [...]
>
> -- The installation process: I believe could be improved by having an
> "Advanced" tab where one could check and ideally select the target and
> source drives. One of the reasons I postponed trying FD out was that my old
> box doesn't have a CD drive (and I prefer not to have to burn them and have
> them lying around) and there was some uncertainty/trial and error into
> doing the "same hd" installation, the instructions were kinda hidden, I
> believe in the readme and not widely available (site? wiki? don't remember)
> and the FD installer is quite particular about installing itself on the C:
> drive, active partition, AND first IDE port even (in case you have more
> than one with hds plugged in).. perhaps a closer integration with fdisk
> could ease this process?

I'll also mention that you can also do a "manual" install, without the
FreeDOS installer. This is helpful for some folks who have hardware setups
that don't play well with the installer - or who want to do a manual
install for other reasons. I did a video about that recently for our
YouTube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krbYBZr2ISw

Jim