Hi Jerome! That list which packages are on which medium
of course asks for a number of critical remarks now ;-)

> Be sure and check out the new Report file generated by the RBE.
>
> https://www.ibiblio.org/pub/micro/pc-stuff/freedos/files/distributions/1.3/previews/1.3-rc4/report.html

Nice that it lists various file sizes and download links!

As we have mentioned off-list, you could package the floppy-
to-boot-the-CD with all of the CD images instead of making it
a separate download. Also, please make the LiteUSB at least
28 MB in size to have some free space on that.

As we have also mentioned off-list, because apparently all
CD have a Live CD mode, just make one Full and one Lite CD,
exactly like the Full and the Lite USB, and make a Legacy
boot style version of whichever of the two CD you prefer.

That would be more orthogonal: 2 sizes x 2 media types,
with symmetrical NAMING, plus one Legacy CD of one size.

Why are PAINT2, LHA, UNRAR, ELTORITO, XMGR and RDISK on
none of the media? How about DRMIND, KILOBLAS, LINCRAWL
and PRSINVAD? Who managed to make a minesweeper 8 MB and
a tetris version 3 MB large? Why no TAIL and UPTIME, or
BLWCBC blowfish cbc?

Obviously, UHDD should also be available on all media
which already have UDVD2 and UIDE at the moment. I also
think you should upgrade DOS32A, DOSFSCK, CDROM2UI and
FDSHIELD ("bonus" now) to being installed far more often
and included on LiteUSB. Same for PCISLEEP and SLOWDOWN.

Also, all /drivers/ must be present on LiteUSB, they are
all both small and useful to have. Do not go too "lite".

I suggest that LiteUSB could have more than half of the
entire /edit/ editors collection using only 3 MB together.

Why did syslinux get renamed to syslnx?

Why are TWO clones of Doom included on most media, but
XFDISK is only found at all on "bonus"?

How about upgrading bwbasic, insight, jwasm, nasm, runtime,
tinyasm, tppatch (!) and upx from bonus to full?

It is okay that emulators are all "bonus", but why not "meka"?

Is moving of bladeenc and lame to "bonus" a license thing?
Do we have an oggenc for DOS? I think I even had a flac one.

Why is minibox "bonus"? Something like a busybox shell, no?

The Lite edition could use significantly more from UTIL, as
they can be useful and almost all of them are tiny anyway.

The LegacyCD should not lack any of the packages from LiveCD.

Thanks for the updates and the nice report tool! :-)

Eric

PS: What are the ins and outs of FreeCOM Beta 0.84pre7revA?
Could you also make HTMLHELP "base", for AMB non-believers?

PPS: Are you sure FreeCOM is not on LegacyCD and LiteUSB
and COMMAND is on none of the media? ;-)