---- Le ven., 21 mai 2021 10:47:31 -0400 Eric Auer <e.a...@jpberlin.de> écrit
----

>> I can compile a small program to open a file in writing, write a char,
>> then close. In 32 bit mode (wcl386) and it works.

>No matter on which disk you put the file, even with JEMMEX loaded?

Well... on my hard disk... with JEMMEX yes.

 >> I wanted to compile bolitare, so wanted to compile allegro, so wanted to...

>That will be tedious. Try using more pre-compiled tools and libraries,
>in particular for DJGPP quite a few of those are available online

So I installed:

http://www.delorie.com/pub/djgpp/current/v2tk/allegro/all422ar2.zip (the
Allegro .h and .a files)

and:

http://www.delorie.com/pub/djgpp/current/v2tk/allegro/all422s.zip

(Allegro sources... mostly for the examples)

And I have compiled:

#include <allegro.h>

#include <stdio.h>

int main(int argc, char *argv[])

{

   if (allegro_init() != 0)

      return 1;

   //printf("will install keyboard\n");

   //install_keyboard();

   //printf("keyboard installed\n");

  //that worked (not break things), when uncommented

   set_gfx_mode(GFX_AUTODETECT, 320, 200, 0, 0);

   while(1);

   return 0;

}

END_OF_MAIN()

with: gcc -o paul.exe paul.c -lalleg

expected result: change to video mode, and hang

obtained result:  change to video mode and returned to dos, showing the path
(system very instable after)

If I put the while(1) before set_gfx_mode it hang in text mode, as expected.

I suspect it use int 10h to set video mode... and somehow int 10h does the
job... but does not return with the same full state (unclear what).