> PS: I am busy checking Bret's GPT code for making a version which
> kernel developers can read (it is NASM) to write a C version of the
> algorithm and add that to the FreeDOS kernel. Interestingly, his USB
> driver can use either DPMS or EMS and either real or protected mode.

pretty much waste of time.

reading the GPT specification and implementing it in C is much more
efficient, and much less error prone then convertinh foreign NASM code
into C, and expecting kernel developers to inherit and debug this
code.

and it's not complicated. scanning a GPT disk is definitively easier
then scanning extended partition tables.

feel free to implent GPT in initdisk.c

otherwise this is a dead end.

and, lastly, it would be cool to change sometimes the subject title
when changing the subject of a thread.

Tom