---- Le ven., 21 mai 2021 10:47:31 -0400 Eric Auer <e.a...@jpberlin.de> écrit
----

https://stanislavs.org/helppc/memory_control_block.html

>d 37e:0 shows that also in DEBUG, the environment MCB starts there:
 >
>4d 9c 03 1c 00 c3 55 8b etc. As Stanislavs explains, this means that
>the corresponding program has a PSP at 39c:0 and that the environment
>memory block is 1c0 bytes in size. Now you calculate 37e + 1 + 1c to
>get the next block start, which is 39b:0 and d 39b:0 shows you this:

There is a bug in the web page: there is only 3 bytes reserved at offset 5 (5, 6

and 7)... so that the next offset 8, is the name.

Also you seems to have closed your eyes at a bug in FreeDOS:

yes, 1c0 is the size, but not in bytes, but in paragraphs (which is

16 bytes). It make sense because blocks are 16 bytes aligned.

So I would think it is not a bug in the page, but in FreeDOS.

But someone would probably have to check with MSDOS to

be sure...

I am still at that point at reading your message.