---- Activé jeu., 31 mars 2022 21:42:12 -0400 Michael Brutman
<mailto:mbbrut...@brutman.com> écrit ----

Please forgive me for getting lost on this thread, but what exactly is the
problem that we are trying to solve?

Are we trying to make things simpler for novice users?  Advanced users?
FreeDOS maintainers (Jerome in particular) ?

When I said one should not modify a previous main directory of a released
version, I think the problem I try to resolve is to allow maintainers of
packages to compare the version on the released media with the more recent
versions, be it to evaluate the impact of a vulnerability or a change causing
bug in earlier version, or something similar.

My idea of releasing is, mostly upgrading the tree of packages by:

1)creating a new sub-version main repository that contains security and updates
of the current version

2)create an empty sub-version update and a security repository

3)create a new sub-version media with the content of the newly created main
repository created at step 1

I think part of the reason that we have not feel the need to do it like that is
that we build the media from an alternative

place: gitlab repository. So we don't need, did not need the main repository to
build the media.

Maybe we should come back to the question wheter we should continue to use
ibiblio for releasing packages, or should concentrate on a (gitlab or github)
repository.