On Fri, Apr 1, 2022 at 7:57 AM Jerome Shidel <jer...@shidel.net> wrote:

> I think the ibiblio repo should be kept for several reasons. First,
> you can connect over plain http. Another, they downloaded zip can
> easily be installed. Ibiblio is easier to browse.

I agree. Having the Files Archive (or "repo") hosted on Ibiblio is
preferable. It keeps all the files (including the distribution) in one
place, but logically separates them by directory so they are easy to
find and navigate. Some users want to just download the FreeDOS
distribution, and they'll likely do that using links from the website.
Others (like the developers here, but also others) want to navigate
the Files Archive to find updates to specific software, or find other
software we have there but don't include in the distribution.

Also, the folks at Ibiblio have hosted the FreeDOS Files Archive since
the very beginning in 1994. We have a lot of history there, and a lot
of links point there (not just from our websites, but other websites
that mention FreeDOS). So moving the Files Archive will break a lot of
things.

Jim