Hi Bernd,

Since you are working on fixing and improving FDISK, there are two features
that would be great to add for end users.

During the installation of FreeDOS, when no partitions are present, the
installer will try to use FDISK to automatically partition the drive.

Unfortunately, the current FDISK performs this task be creating a bunch of 2GB
partitions. This tends to annoy users installing on real hardware with very
large disks.

I propose two additional options that could be added to modify what occurs when
partitions are automatically created.

First, the ability to only create a single partition automatically. Leaving the
the remainder of the disk unallocated.

Second, an option to tell it to use FAT32 and create the partitions as large as
possible.

The options could be used together or separately along with the auto-partition
option.

I think the first option would be enough for most users most of the time. A 2gb
DOS partition is huge. However if need be, the user could create an additional
single large partition at a later time.

However when installing to a virtual machine, the installer could then just
partition the entire virtual disk as a single partition.

:-)

Jerome