I can see the potential of Freedos if these 2 conditions are met:

1, ease of use. Absolutely both for users and developers. Or else who is
going to use it? or develop more fun and useful applications to it. So that
means better documentation, easier access to not only the source code but
also the known-hows on everything. I am able to find some source code from
github, which only consists of 3.7MB. I am not sure how that translates
into a 400MB ISO. I can't find any developer section. Are we in the matrix?

2, Better documentation. The site has a wiki section that is not part of
the site, and is very inadequate. The official site absolutely needs to
provide more information on many aspects including the full source code if
it's available.