> I hate to be the one to tell you, but "how Tom navigates a website" is
> not the same as "how many others navigate a website."

As a matter of fact, Tom navigates the web as any other people:
the way the websites make us use their website leaves usually little choice.

> Today, many more
> people expect to find a "mini 'site navigation' menu" in the footer.
> It's just what they've come to expect; if they can't find a link in
> the main body of the page, they look in the footer for a "mini 'site
> navigation' menu".

So I went to three major websites: https://arstechnica.com/,
https://www.washingtonpost.com/
and https://www.nytimes.com/.

All three of them behave similar:

links to other *content* in a navigation bar at the top,

and another at the bottom for *site related* links like subscribe, unsubscribe,
contact, ...

and I certainly think that download the sources is a) *content* and b) probably
deserves a font as
prominent   as "Play classic games" and "Run applications".

>> now show me a way to locate the command.com sources.
>>
>> or the sources for the DVD driver.

> You're a smart guy and you've been part of FreeDOS for many years.
It shouldn't be a requirement to be a smart guy, and be part of FreeDOS for
many years to locate freecom sources.
I actually know about the "devel" link for about an hour. And I *often*
searched for it.

> Click on the "FreeDOS sources" link, and you'll end up at the FreeDOS
> source code archive at <https://gitlab.com/freedos>. You can find the
> source code there, including command.com ("FreeCOM") and everything
> else. The kernel sources are in there too, but you probably already
> know that.

this is misleading at best.
sooner or later you will accidently click on one subsection where freecom is
located.
some sort of listing with links to projects would be helpful so the tree would
be searchable.

Tom