Arkady V.Belousov wrote:
Hi!

18-Июн-2004 03:12 [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Kenneth J. Davis) wrote to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:

KJD> I have gone through Arkady's floppy patchset (is there a 5 of 5?).

     There was 4 of 5. Last patch I omit, because it was cosmetic. Ot the
other side, you may get complete floppy.asm patch ("all in one") in previous
letters.

Ok. Thanks, just wanted to make sure I didn't somehow overlook it on sourceforge.

KJD> This weekend I intend to finish processing his dsk.c patchset KJD> (which includes Lucho's rewording patch), and once a patch is KJD> provided I will work on the config processing.

     I not send any patch here. Reason: there too many changes - so, I
should send one _big_ patch or send _many_ smaller patches. I fear, this is
not acceptable here.

That's fine, it doesn't matter to me if its one big, several smaller, or even just the changed file.

KJD> As I commit updates, please refer to sourceforge for source, but

Is kernel.tgz will be updated?

Should be.

KJD> Please feel free to comment and thank you for the patches! KJD> CVS: drivers/floppy.asm hdr/version.h

I see, you miss some my changes (for example, fl_diskchanged epilog)
please be more specific, for example I changed floppy.asm patch 3
to maintain the same size and return values as the original logic, as
I did not see a reason to make the code longer and return 0x00FF instead
of 0xFFFF (-1).  see http://www.fdos.org/kernel/2035a/arkady/test.asm
for the three variations (mine, yours, the original).
and add own comments. For example:
yes, I viewed yours, the original, RBIL, and the code and selected
the one that seemed the most clear, being more verbose if necessary.

+ pop dx ; drive, (DL only, bit 7 set resets both floppy & hd)

-----------------------------------------------^^^^^^^^^^^^^^...

     This is wrong addition: of course, BIOS enumerates hard disks as
80h-ffh (with bit 7 set), bit 7 not relates to "reseting both floppy and
hd", there will be reset disk, which number is in DL and only it.

Ok, I will remove it.  It was taken from RBIL, and I added as it looked
like a really weird quirk to be aware of and research a bit further;
along with determing if we actually called any of the floppy functions
with a disk number corresponding to a hard drive, as RBIL indicated
for several of the calls we use about problems with some buggy BIOSes
if a value greater than 0x7Fh was use (ie if drive number refers to
a hard drive).

Jeremy