Hi!

18-Июн-2004 18:27 [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Kenneth J. Davis) wrote to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:

>> KJD> provided I will work on the config processing.
>>      I not send any patch here. Reason: there too many changes - so, I
>> should send one _big_ patch or send _many_ smaller patches. I fear, this is
>> not acceptable here.
KJD> That's fine, it doesn't matter to me if its one big, several smaller, or
KJD> even just the changed file.

     I may send you my edition of config.c (private, I suggest?), but it not
the last edition (I continue to work on it).

     ?

KJD> for example I changed floppy.asm patch 3 to maintain the same size

     "Same size" of what?

KJD> and return values as the original logic, as

     Of course, I check validness of change.

KJD> I did not see a reason to make the code longer

     ? My code not longer.

KJD> and return 0x00FF instead of 0xFFFF (-1).

     Because other functions do this (return one byte with zero AH)! I just
add consistency.

>> and add own comments. For example:
KJD> yes, I viewed yours, the original, RBIL, and the code and selected
KJD> the one that seemed the most clear, being more verbose if necessary.

     Hm, I look at RBIL. Looks, like there is another ambiguite (or even
wrong) description. :(

PS: There are also other re-changes in compare to original and my edition.
For example, I describe `drive' parameter for all functions (as in dsk.c) as
UBYTE (this gets better code) and return type as `int' - in your edition
this is no so. Also, I think, explaining in comments for "sbb al,al" that
"Al=-CF" is not good. This is same, as write next:

        int i = ...
        i++; /* increment i */

(BTW, you preserve comment in "mov ah,0 ; zero out ah"). Also, you preserve
wrong comment "cylinder number (lo only if hard)" - this is complete
cylinder number, not its "lo part". Also, "count to read/write" is wrong
comment, because there is code for "format" and "verify" (same for
fl_lba_readwrite()). Also, you remain "(Zero transfer count)" and "force
into < 255 count", whereas AL (AL only, AH cleared!) returns error code, not
"transfer count".

PPS: Also, there are cosmetic remarks (from me :): in some places you
preserve my tabulations (though, before some comments you lost one - see,
for example, "mov ah,18h"), in other places you preserve trailing spaces
(even on empty lines)...