A> I am experiencing a strange problem with FreeDOS, please help me because
A>   I am not sure how it is happening:

1. Do you test 2035a?

No, please send me the link to it. I just cannot find it.

2. Do you test FD with same conditions, as other OSes (for example, if you
   boot from diskette for FD, do you boot from diskette for MS-DOS7)?

Yes.

A> When I boot from C:, sometimes (very frequently) when I access floppy
A> disk A: I get a message device not ready. I seems to be worse when I
A> read 2 floppies sequentianly using a BATCH file that asks for the user
A> two swap disks and pauses. Second floppy says not ready, after a few
A> retries it starts working, but stops again but accepts retry. Every time
A> the floppy drive led does light, I checked. If I copy the same files
A> manualy (with copy a:*) it works.

     This looks like hardware (floppy drive) problem (something like trouble
with head moving).

It certainly looks like, so I did all the checks including using a brand new driver.

It certainly is FreeDOS related. It was _much_ worse with 3034. This does not meen that there is not something wrong somewhere too, but other OS's work, maybe with an automatic retry or whatever. It is probably something wrong + something in FreeDOS that behaves erroniously.

A> I really did not understand what happens. My gess is that the floppy
A> swap was not detected, but this is not 100% coherent...
     Do you mean, that drive, probably, not senses diskette change? No, I
don't think so - with broken "change line" there are other simptoms.

Ok that is an old hw bug. That is not it, behaviour would be different.

The problem is that there is no debug option that could help me detect what is really happening. If I could understand it better, I could make a better test. I do have some experience, but I am lost here :(

Alain