Hello Eric,

> Hi, I tried to check SFT compatibility of FreeDOS, quick conclusion:
> sft_dcb is never accessed
> sft_stclust is never accessed
> sft_ifsptr is never accessed (nor initialized to 0?)

you may be right. and it may be easy to replace (most of) the fnode
data by the corresponding sft data.

> Is that correct? I think SFT-messing programs like Windoze will not be
> happy in particular about all those uninitialized cluster values, the
> missing DCB pointer, and missing dir entry info.

Unfortunately, this most probably won't make SFT-messing programs
really happy, only slightly more happy.

real word experience shows, that probably our own use of these fields
is slightly different from what xxDOS is doing (think of +- 1 effects
or similar).

our own internal data is (or seems to be) consistent.
if that corresponds *exactly* to the actual use of these fields by DOS is
completely untested.

maybe everything will be fine, until some funny program seeks (in Win3x)
from end of file backward, or similar.

good luck searching for these tiny bugs.

tom