On Sun, 21 May 2006, Eric Auer wrote:

As a next step, I would like to update the UNSTABLE kernel
branch. If anybody can tell me how this is accessible via
cvs, that is.

you have to give cvs the command line option "-r UNSTABLE".

PS: If you want Turbo C compiled kernels published, please help
compiling them. Somehow my Turbo C does not like the current
source snapshot...?

Turbo C insists that the source files have CRLF line endings.

You ran into the old problem that UNIX CVS clients check out source files using LF line endings and Windows (not sure if anyone uses a DOS CVS client...) clients use CRLF line endings.

So you've been playing the batch file cat and mouse game once again.
Next time somebody uses CVS on Windows, sees CRCRLF endings and corrects them again!

Subversion allows to force CRLF for all files independent of the OS it runs on so that may be a solution (converting the FreeDOS CVS repo to Subversion), but I don't think there exists a Subversion client for DOS. But then again that may not be an issue if nobody uses CVS on DOS either.

Bart