Hi!

29-Дек-2004 23:51 [EMAIL PROTECTED] (16BIT) wrote to
freedos-user@lists.sourceforge.net:

>> but please fix the following line before making a technote of the HowTo:
>>>DEVICE=C:\MSDOS\EMM386.EXE NOEMS I=B000-B7FF
1> I learned the include switch more than ten years ago when running the
1> MEMMAKER utility. I've used it consistently with the MS EMM386 for all
1> these years for the purpose of making an extra 32 K UMB available.
1> Your email response was the first time I've read that it is not a good
1> practice. I wonder why.

     Below Eric explains (may be, there was not the best wording): with mono
adapters/text modes video memory resides at B000 segment. I remain his
sentence, which you place at the end of your letter.

     BTW, this raise two questions to Michael Devore:

- may EMM386 autoinclude given region in some way, if there will not be
  detected mono adapter/mode? QEMM386 does this.

- what happen if I=B000-B800 will be used on system with mono adapter/mode?

1> I guess I have two questions:
1> 1) Is it a bad practice to use the include monochrome area switch with
1> MS-DOS and its EMM386?

     No, unless your system assembled with mono adapter (MDA/Hercules).