Hi Daniel,

> i'm also in the quest of writing
> a driver for FreeDOS in order to allow one to use the shared folders
> (it seems that no VM has shared folders for FreeDOS at all...at least
> in my experience: VirtualBOX, VirtualPC and VMWare don't have
> it)

VirtualPC used to have it in the past.
Go and get VirtualPC 2004. It includes Virtual machine extensions for
DOS so you can use shared local folders.
Microsoft dropped support for DOS in their latest release. That's why
these extensions are not shipped with VirtualPC 2007 - but you can still
use these from 2004.

Regards

Norbert.