Hi Shane,

2007/9/13, Shane Martin Coughlan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> > You mean they are treated as text by default. Shane should know.
>
> If you open /GEMAPPS/GEMSYS/DESKTOP.INI and edit this line:
> #G082A DESKTOP.APP@ *.TXT,*.INF,*.NFO,*.BAT,*.CFG@
> to make it say:
> #G082A DESKTOP.APP@ *.TXT,*.INF,*.NFO,*.CFG@
>
> This should mean that GEM will try to run the BAT file instead of
> opening it as a text file.
>
> >> Further: does someone know whether it is possibe to make icons
> >> of native DOS applications on the GEM Desktop.
>
> Well, it's possible to create icons.  This is something Jim asked me
> too, and I didn't get around to replying yet.
>
> There is an icon editor on this page:
> http://www.seasip.info/Gem/gengem.html
>
> It's called (surprisingly enough) EDICON.

Thanks a lot!

That solves my question.

Probably my fault, but I did not find users guide on your site (except
the faq). It would be nice to have one in the \DOC directory after
installation.

Would it be possible (is there anyone who have time to do this) to
take a User Guide of a previous version of GEM as 'base' and rewrite
it to be up-to date (I did not even find an earlier doc).

Best regards,

Christian Simonyi

email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
          [EMAIL PROTECTED]