just adding my two cents, but there is already a directory on ibiblio
with all of the 1.0 packages:
www.ibiblio.org/pub/micro/pc-stuff/freedos/files/distributions/1.0/pkgs

On 11/30/07, Florian Xaver <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Thank you!! Very good idea! I will download the zip-files now...
>
> Bye
>   Flo
>
> Mateusz Viste escribió:
> > Hello!
> >
> > I wrote an online updater for FreeDOS. It's purpose is to download an index
> > file from the FreeDOS Update server, and compare the list of packages which
> > are on the server whith the packages installed on the system. If it find
> > any "remote" package with a different version than the local one, it will
> > propose to update it.
> > The whole program isn't finished yet (v0.50), but is working fine. It have a
> > pre-configured update URL pointing
> > to "http://mateusz.viste.free.fr/fdupdate";, that's where I am storing the
> > newest freedos packages (the url may changes later to something
> > more "official").
> >
> > FDUPDATE requires the following packages:
> > FDPKG (installed by default with FreeDOS)
> > WGETX (may be downloaded at http://mateusz.viste.free.fr/fdupdate/wgetx.zip)
> >
> > The FreeDOS updater itself may be downloaded from:
> > Bin: http://mateusz.viste.free.fr/dos/fdupdatx.zip
> > Src: http://mateusz.viste.free.fr/dos/fdupdats.zip
> >
> > Obviously, you need a packet driver and a working internet connection to use
> > FDUPDATE.
> >
> > Any comments are welcome!
> >
> > bye,
> > Mateusz Viste

Fall is my favorite season in Los Angeles, watching the birds change
color and fall from the trees.
   David Letterman (1947 - )

See ya