Yup, we're looking to extend that by adding updates to packages in the distro.

Actually, I do not think that FDUPDATE as currently being discussed
could be retrofitted to the FreeDOS 1.0 distro. I think it would need
to go with a FreeDOS 1.1 distro (i.e. the next one) so we could make a
common set of assumptions.

That's why I suggested a ..../pkgs (installer packages from the 1.1
distro), ..../updates (update data for later updated packages),
..../updates/pkgs (updated packages for each install set) organization
of directories on the file server.

-jh