On Saturday 01 December 2007, Eli wrote:
> I found a directory \FDOS\appinfo, which has only one file (exe2bin.lsm,
> which looks like what you are talking about in this thread). I found a
> directory \FreeDOS\packages, which has many files, whose names and
> contents remind me of the installation process. (I just went ahead and
> installed everything — space is not an issue.)

I would say that something gone wrong with your install...

You definetely should not have \FDOS _and_ \FREEDOS directories, but only one
of these!
Were you installing the 1.0 distro over an existing (older) FreeDOS
installation?
%DOSDIR% should point to the directory FreeDOS is installed. It can't have two
values... (don't look at the CD's structure, as it is a bit different,
because it is tuned for a live-cd work).
Your \FreeDOS\packages directory seems to be okay. \appinfo should be there
too, and it should have much more files (one file for each installed
package)!

What are you exactly getting when typing "echo %dosdir%"?

I installed the 1.0 distro several times, and I always got the directory
structure I wrote about. I really have no idea what could happen with your
install :-)
Maybe try to install it again, letting it to keep default parameters?

Mateusz Viste