That depends. First, go into your BIOS and see if it supports booting from
USB; you should be able to find this out by going into the "Boot Order"
menu. If there's a USB option, then yes, you probably can; otherwise, no,
you'll have to find a floppy drive somewhere.

If your computer is new enough that it doesn't have a floppy drive, it's
probably new enough that it should be able to boot from USB... just check
and see. If so, then I think there's a USB image for FreeDOS, but I'm not
sure where, someone else might know.

Skyler

On Wed, Dec 31, 2008 at 4:32 AM, gabriel borrageiro <gborrage...@hotmail.com
> wrote:

>  hello all,
>
> I don't have a floppy drive and my pc won't detect my usb based cdrom
> drive.
> Can I install freedos onto a usb drive and then onto my hard dive from the
> usb drive?
> I extracted the freedos cdrom image onto the usb drive and that did'nt work
> properly.
>
> regards
>
> Gabriel

"Those who do not become dishonest or hostile are the most difficult to
debate. Addressing others in a respectful and considerate manner conveys
favorable impressions of their belief system. Providing rational answers to
questions creates positive image of the person and their beliefs. Thank
goodness there are very few such members and they are greatly outnumbered by
those who are irrational, rabid, intolerant, and disrespectful." - An
atheist