Hi!

I have set up my FreeDOS PC and everthing is working just fine except for
the audio (ok I pray to God someday there will be a way to play DOS games
with sound under plain DOS)

Now I want to connect this PC to a Windows/SMB share to speed the file
transfer. Right now, I have to burn a CDRW in one machine and use it in the
FreeDOS PC.

What I think I need in my DOS PC:
1. A network card (duh!)
2. A driver for the card
3. A packet driver for the card
4. mTCP (for DHCP)
5. some software to connect the DOS to SMB.

1. My laptop has 2 network interfaces:
- Broadcom BCM401 10/100
- Intel Wireless 3945 a/b/g

For now, I will discard the wireless option, I'll stick to the wired option.

2. In the Broadcom site, there are 3 DOS drivers for the Broadcom BCM401
10/100: NDIS2, 16 ODI, 32 ODI.
Reading in the web, ODI is for Netware and Apple. NDIS2 is for Microsoft
networks. What do I need? Or I need a fourth option specific for FreeDOS?

3. I think a packet driver is the same than the network driver, please help
here.

4. mTCP seems to be easy to configure.

5. Finally what package do I need to connect the FreeDOS to a SMB share
(assuming all previos steps are working fine). I can read the docs, but I
have to know what package to look and investigate.

Thanks for your help.

Santiago