Thanks! Looks like it helped!

I didn’t upgrade to kernel 2040 yet, but I’m going to do it soon.

Is it possible to download and install some beta version? I often see mentions
of 1.1 on the internet, but there is no link to download it from freedos.org,
and I’m not brave enough to download it from unknown location.

And I also have a problem with accessing my DVD drive, maybe I’ll fix it
myself, or ask here again in a few days if nothing helps.

Thanks again for your help.