I would be happy to have an open, editable directory of legacy DOS
software, including screenshots & descriptions. I think that part is a
great idea. But we would be unable to host or distribute any files, nor
link to sites that have them unless they are original shareware or other
distributable software.

Probably the FreeDOS wiki would be the best place for this, since that's
already there and an obvious place to have descriptions of legacy DOS
applications. We'd need to be careful about linking to warez sites. I'd
like this to be editable by more people, though- our friends at Sourceforge
have the wiki locked down, and we are limited to change that. (I wonder if
we need to have our own wiki? That's going to be a lot of work to keep
updated/patched.)

jh