Hi,

On Fri, Mar 30, 2012 at 8:35 AM, Jim Hall <jh...@freedos.org> wrote:

>> I've not kept up with Embarcadero's site since I switched to Linux,
>> but at least in the days of CodeGear, there used to be a museum from
>> which old versions of Borland software were downloadable - from
>> memory, there was Turbo Pascal 1.0, 3.0 and 5.5, and Borland C++ 5.0.
>
> Not sure if the Borland Museum is still there, but I did download TurboC
> from them once they made it available in the museum, until I later switched
> to OpenWatcom's C.

Turbo C 2.01 is still a nice "classic" DOS compiler in several ways,
but it's not ideal in licensing. IIRC, Embarcadero still lets you grab
it "if and only if" you give them your name, address, phone number.
And that doesn't count Turbo C++ 1.01, which I think they only give to
registered users of their modern Windows C++ tool (!!). Anyways, they
don't allow us (FreeDOS) to redistribute further, so it's moot and
defeats the point (almost). Hence OpenWatcom is less restricted in
distribution.

http://edn.embarcadero.com/article/20841

http://edn.embarcadero.com/article/21751