>> You may call me Czerno, Herr Ehlert
> your email signature reads "Bertho Grandpied <y31415926536@...>"
> that translates to Bob Bigfoot, right ?

Ask Yahoo!... Then if you insist on calling me Bertho, be my guest.

>> And EVEN if for some reason HMA was not available or not given to
>> the DOS kernel, what makes you deem an environment at ~1800:0  not
>>such a good idea ?

> you would end up with
>    3   K COMMAND.COM, (resident part)
>    100 K FREE         (remainders of freecom before resizing)
>    1   K   command.com environment (at ~1800:0)

How lame ! Of course, your Freecom shall have to play a minimum game of
releasing its own initialisation code and data, resizing and possibly moving
things along. Basic DOS system coding skills, not rocket science.

This is/the/ official shell we are talking of, not some half baked
throwable transient proggy, it deserves having a minimum of /intelligent
design/ applied :=)

There are even other enhancements that could be made in the same domain,
an easy one is to give back the /initial/ environment (if any) received by
your Command from its caller (or from Sysinit). It is of no use after the
Master ENV is built. Freeing it would give FreeDOS an edge over MS
Command. But the important is the above. You (or was it Eric) repeated
that FreeCOM had to follow MS-Command, but in this respect it doesn't
even start to try, I am /sorry/ to observe.

What is the legal status of 4DOS in relation to FreeDOS ? There's a fully baked
product, could it become /the/ main FD shell ?

>> How do you say "arrogance" in German, Herr /Doktor/ Ehlert ?
> Arroganz.

Itself ! I may sound harsh, but being accused of ignorance by
more ignorant is the only word of excuse I will utter.

Let's forget /name calling/ ? If you agree, I'm your man

--
Czerno