Hi all,

Some times ago I announced that I will always keep an up-to-date CD
version of all FDNPKG repositories, so everyone could download the CD
and use it as an offline set of repositories to install/update packages.

Yesterday I created a small FreeDOS boot image and added it to the CD.
So now, the FDNPKG repositories CD is a bootable CD that boots into a
minimalistic FreeDOS system with a few tools (FDISK, FORMAT, EDIT,
SYS...) and FDNPKG.

This makes it possible to use this CD on a clean PC to install the
latest version of FreeDOS. There is no installer - you need to use
FDISK, FORMAT and SYS by yourself. Then use FDNPKG to install whatever
packages you need.

After booting, a short instruction is displayed about how to install
FreeDOS.

This is not an ideal solution, but I believe it might come handy.

The CD is available here (all_cd.iso):
http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/micro/pc-stuff/freedos/files/distributions/1.1/repos/

I haven't tested it thoroughly (just verified that I am able to boot and
install at least one package), so please not hesitate to report any
problems (solutions to these problems are welcome, too). ;)

cheers,
Mateusz