Hi again,

On Thu, Jan 16, 2014 at 5:23 AM, Anton D. Kachalov <mo...@yandex-team.ru> wrote:

> FreeDOS 1.0 gives more debug information on such problem while newer FD1.1
> just cycle with "Invalid opcode" or reboot.
>
> This is kind of memory corruption during moving dos from it's location to
> HIGH. It's a kernel bug, but I have no idea how to debug it on a real
> hardware. I'll try to contact AMD guys.

Well, FD 1.0 (2006) used kernel 2036 while FD 1.1 (2012) used 2040.
And yet latest is 2041. I vaguely remember some MCB bug mentioned a
few months ago (perhaps EBDA discussion), but I don't know if that was
ever fully fixed or propagated into SVN.

So you may have to test a few different kernels if the behavior is
different. If it's a bug (or regression), hopefully that will help
isolate things.