That is not "directly" bootable. It is a VirtualBox appliance, it is neant to be loaded inside Virtualbox:

In Virtualbox manager GUI, goto File > Appliance > import > everything else can be lefta as is... Then you will get a new Virtual Machine, when you initialyzed, it will boot Linux
On the Desktop there are some Icons that will boot FreeDOS preconfigured.

I hope this help, feel free to ask again if needed.

Alain