> On May 15, 2016, at 1:26 AM, Rugxulo <rugx...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I assume that your .ZIPs of CuteMouse
> (ctmouse.zip) and Jemm386 (jemm.zip) come from here:
>
> http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/micro/pc-stuff/freedos/files/distributions/1.1/repos/base/

Yep, nearly all others are from ibiblio as well.

There are some, that I have updated and a few like CDRCACHE that are not on
ibiblio.

Also, several on ibiblio that were missing sources and a few others that LSM
data problems that I corrected as well.

> If that's the case, then I will (weakly) "try" to fix them in the next
> few days, and then re-upload them
> so that FD 1.2 will have a slightly less burdensome status. (Which
> means trying to rebuild all their various (sub)binaries, which
> shouldn't be "too" hard.)

Sounds good to me. :-)

> Honestly, this kind of task belongs to the maintainers of those
> aforementioned packages, but
> since most so-called maintainers are too busy (or long since
> disappeared), it falls to such
> pathetic souls such as myself. (Sigh.) :-(

Agreed. When, I see the “can’t you fix” this package or that one. Or, the "but
there is a newer version of this one on the website why aren’t you using it?” I
shake my head and sigh.

> I just hate to drop some things that are, in fact, useful and "mostly"
> free just because of some errant file or two. Jemm386 I never use much
> anymore (although it's still very useful, in select cases; but JLOAD
> never caught on, quite honestly). CuteMouse might be a much bigger
> loss (although I personally try to avoid the mouse, usually, which
> isn't easy in some programs).
>
> Neither should have to be dropped, so I'm 99% sure that I can remove
> the closed-source parts successfully. I know this isn't a "real"
> problem, thus we keep procrastinating, but we do overall want to keep
> FreeDOS "free" (or as close as possible!).

Just as a general statement regarding “Dropped” packages. It doesn’t mean
they cannot be used or installed later. It also doesn’t mean they cannot be
provided on ibiblio. It only means, (if not fixed) they will not ship with the
official release of FreeDOS 1.2.