>> an operating system without CDROM and network drivers doesn't sound
>> very useful to me, even if everything has the correct license. YMMV.

> I think that the key is to perceive FreeDOS as a replacement to MSDOS,
> nothing else (that is, "BASE").

after 10+ years advertising that FreeDOS is better then MSDOS because
UDMA, LFN, ...

> The legalese on these things can be a
> bit confusing,
the distributor is obviously confused

> so I believe that the extreme caution that FreeDOS
> applies in this area is legitimate.

it is not.

LFNDOS is older then FreeDOS, and comes with a license
'open source. I don't care what you do wit it'

CRYNWR drivers are older then linux. same licensing.

UDMA is one of the drivers that actually made a huge difference on
older motherboards.

to stop delivering these packages suddenly after more then 10 years is
more about this open source religion (Stallmanitis) then anything
about legalese.

Tom