Hi,

On Mon, Jul 18, 2016 at 8:02 AM, Dimitris Zilaskos <dimitr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the followup. Hitting F8 reveals HIMEMX triggering this problem:
>
> Let me know what else I can try - I will recheck the floppies for starters
> in case they went bad and check the rest of your suggestions.

Unless I'm reading it incorrectly, your picture indicates that your
machine has 32 MB of RAM. Is that correct?

In that case, since (strangely) HIMEMX doesn't appear to work on your
machine, you could use a different alternative (e.g. FDXMS or even
probably FDXMS286).

1). https://www.ibiblio.org/pub/micro/pc-stuff/freedos/files/dos/xms/fdxms/
2). https://www.ibiblio.org/pub/micro/pc-stuff/freedos/files/dos/xms/fdxms286/