On Wed, 4 Jul 2018, Dale E Sterner wrote:

The bad thing about Crosstalk is that it only works
on RS232 now extinct. At work I'd splice in an extra
link on RS232 lines to our samplers. Xtalk was able
to capture secret command codes known only
to the factory. With them I could control the samplers
wothout factory software. Then came usb and
xtalk was useless. With the source code I was hoping
I was hoping to make xtalk work on usb.

If you want to sniff USB serial traffic on Windows, you can use PortMon - it comes with windows.

Here's a tool you can use for raw packet capture (again, Windows):
http://desowin.org/usbpcap/tour.html

g.

--
Proud owner of F-15C 80-0007