I don't have any love for Windows; would rather use dos.
One way is to rewrite xtalk; the other is to build or buy a
converter - usb to RS232 and back.
One reason dos software is so difficult to make is because
you don't have the special commands needed. In the very
old days you could get them from the factory - no more.
If you had the commands you could get a usb bluetooth
donegal to work just like windows does. Put it on a cable
and splice a tap on it. Might work.

cheers
DS

>From Dale Sterner - MS organic chemistry
http://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/jo00975a052

Worlds Wealthiest People Reveal Brain 'Booster' Supplement
The Brain Insider
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/5b3e77b4dc15f77b20932st02duc