Thank you Mateusz, Matej already sent your code :)

This is very good example, clear and readable code, as short as possible and the pitfalls are considered (calling dos-handler at 18.2...)

Thank you for making this! :)

Just out of curiosity, if I write something for a DOS4GW 32bit environment, would I choose the same way for having a timer or are there better ways for having a timer callback function?

For a later experiment project I want to capture parallel port data on a Pentium 3 which is very fast compared to a parallel port's speed.

I thought about having an ISR capturing the data being called at capture rate, which should be something around 100kHz to 150kHz to get a hard real time measurement.

Are there any interrupt priorities interfering with this concept?

There should be plenty of time on this machine to process data after capturing from parallel port. For having a flat memory model for easy data processing I want to use DOS4GW.

Nils