On Mon, 31 Dec 2018 19:17:15 +0100, stecdose wrote:
> For a later experiment project I want to capture parallel port data on a
> Pentium 3 which is very fast compared to a parallel port's speed.
> I thought about having an ISR capturing the data being called at capture
> rate, which should be something around 100kHz to 150kHz to get a hard
> real time measurement.

If you want reliable data acquisition, then I think you should forget
about interrupts. Disable them completely and acquire data through a busy
loop. Any interrupt handling will lead to jitter.

Some time ago there was an interesting thread about it, initiated by
Trifle Menot, on comp.os.msdos.programmer ("Interrupt latency tester").

Mateusz
--
FreeDOS is present on the USENET, too! alt.os.free-dos