Hi,

On Wed, May 8, 2019 at 10:05 AM <mich...@robinson-west.com> wrote:

> The standard rescue disk for Norton Ghost is PC-DOS based.

When was the last Norton DOS version? Is it still supported? IIRC, it
used CWSDPMI from DJGPP, so you could maybe?? ask on
news://comp.os.msdos.djgpp for indirect, unofficial help.

* https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/comp.os.msdos.djgpp

> I have developed a Freedos alternative boot disk and I'm asking about the
> video card because of suggestions
> that freedos cannot support restoring a ghost image to a usb hard drive.

I seriously doubt FreeDOS is much different (worse) than PC-DOS here,
but who knows.

> Linux has been suggested by Eric because of the lack of USB hard drive
> support in FreeDOS and it looks like
> I need a dos based bootloader that can chainload Windows 2000.

I'm not really familiar with it (only barely used it once), but try this:

* https://sourceforge.net/projects/gujin/

> As far as Windows 2000 support, Windows 2000 isn't supported by Microsoft and
> if there was a free alternative
> that is a drop in replacement I'd try it.  ReactOS in theory would work, but
> it's still in alpha and not meant
> for everyday use.

They have bounties and willing developers, so it couldn't hurt to
throw some money their way (if that truly is what you want rather than
just buying the other driver). It's improved a ton in recent years,
even in stability. They even have partial NTVDM! But it's not perfect
(is anything?).

* https://reactos.org/donating